We knew that kids needed camp more than ever this past summer and they thrived at Mohawk Day Camp! We reimagined and reinvented every aspect of the camp program with health and safety as our top priorities.
We are proud to share that the efforts of the Mohawk community resulted in 100% HEALTHY and VERY HAPPY campers!
Our 2020 Mohawk Day Camp Safety Plan & Operating Playbook documented our plan for providing campers with a safe, 100% COVID-FREE, amazingly fun, and memorable summer under the most difficult circumstances. We learned a great deal and established “best practices” for safety protocols, all of which should help you feel comfortable that your camper can join us for a safe 2021 camp season.
A tremendous effort of research and medical input went into the creation of this resource. The plan exceeded recommendations by the Center for Disease Control, the American Camp Association, and those published by several other states.
- Mohawk Day Camp has contracted with a professional cleaning company to ensure that all areas are being cleaned and disinfected throughout the day. The camp has been divided into 8 Cleaning Zones and each zone cleaner has been provided with a specific cleaning schedule. Specific cleaning procedures for each activity area have been posted.
- Additional handwashing stations have been installed and handwashing will be mandatory prior to lunch.
- More than 200 automatic hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the camp and in each activity area. Each camper will sanitize their hands at the beginning and end of each period.
- Each staff member is provided with five custom Mohawk Day Camp face coverings.
- PPE is available for all staff members, including KN-95 masks and disposable gloves.
- We have created and posted camp-friendly signage that promotes proper handwashing, face-covering requirements for staff, social distancing, and cleaning.
Click here to see all available resources in one place.