Mohawk Day Camp seeks a seasonal leadership team member with the potential for full-time, year-round employment – to be determined based on what happens in the world over the next few months. We would like this person to start immediately. The 2020 camp dates are July 13 to August 21 with the possibility of extending camp an additional week, August 24 to August 28.
We are looking for a camp professional that can “jump-in” to help our team manage the additional logistics and challenges that will exist this summer and potentially lead one of our senior camp divisions. Our team has reimagined camp for this summer and we have developed our Safety Plan and Operating Playbook. Mohawk Day Camp is a large day camp and the successful candidate should have experience in a leadership role, managing staff and proven decision maker. A great opportunity for a CAMP SUPERSTAR that had their camp job impacted by the pandemic.
- Support the Camp Director and the leadership team in overseeing daily general camp operations, parent communications, staff management, camp safety and delivery of a quality camp experience.
- Assist in the development of high-quality summer programming.
- Assist in hiring summer staff.
- Oversee curriculum development for specialty areas, order supplies and maintain inventory of program areas.
- Organize administrative records, including background checks, staff certifications and yearly staff forms to meet Department of Health and ACA standards.
- Assist with program scheduling.
- Create social media campaigns, developing content and imagery as needed and manage WordPress websites, including making updates, posting events and updating images (preferred but not required).
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Experience in communicating with parents.
- The capacity to remain calm and maintain perspective under pressure.
- Resourcefulness when solving unforeseen problems.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed and during the summer; On-time and dependable attendance is a must.
- Ability to confidently lead a team of people, deliver clear instructions, and delegate tasks.
- Outgoing and comfortable speaking abilities in front of a crowd of enthusiastic campers.
- Creativity and the need to have FUN!
- Minimum of 5 years of camp experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working at a large camp (day or overnight) with 400 or more campers.
- Must be proficient in Google Suite applications.
- Knowledgeable Campsite Management Program user (prefered)
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible, adaptive anda team player.
Salary is $800 – $1,100 per week, based on experience. This position includes housing in a fully furnished, 2-bedroom apartment.